Wednesday, December 23, 2015

bookish christmas tag


Welcome to another installment of bookish Christmas here at Stardust and Words. Seeing as it is Christmas Eve Eve, I have taken it upon myself to post the Bookish Christmas Tag, which I found over at A Novel Glimpse. Take this time to reflect upon the books and bookish things that you have given and received during holidays past, and what you hope to receive in two days. Also, this will most likely be my last post for a week or so, so Happy Holidays to you all!


1. Father Christmas: Name a book you received as a child that you treasure to this day.

Probably my Harry Potter books that I received every Christmas until the seventh one came out! Though I now have three sets of those books, my battered and beaten originals are ones that I will always treasure. :) 

 
2. The Ghost of Christmas Past: Is there a book or series you like to revisit each year at Christmas time?

 Percy Jackson just is a comfortable, cozy thing to read at Christmastime for me. I don't even know why, because nothing about those books really reminds me of Christmas, but the feeling that they give me is something that I associate with this time of year. 


3. Friends and family: Name a book with fantastic characters.

Perhaps it is because I *just* finished it, but I'm going to say Winter by Marissa Meyer. The Lunar Chronicles in general are chock full of amazing characters that I would love to be friends with, but they all developed so much in the last novel, and I'm so proud of them. 


beckisbookshelf.tumblr.com
4. Decorations: Name a book with a gorgeous cover you would proudly display on your shelves.

The Starbound trilogy. I think that these three novels have some of the most gorgeous covers that I've ever seen! 


5. Christmas cards: Name a book that carries a great message.

 All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, because I think it sheds light on a place that a lot of books tend to shy away from. Its brutal and real and sensitive in its depictions of mental illness, which I really appreciate. 

 
6. Ice and snow: Name a book that you were hoping to love but which ultimately left you feeling cold.

Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa. I thought that this was going to be a really nice contemporary read, maybe with a deeper message to it, but the whole thing just gave me weird vibes, and I ended up barely finishing. 


7. Christmas lunch: Name a book that was big and intimidating but oh so worth it in the end.

A Game of Thrones because obviously all of the ASOIAF books are horrendously intimidating, but I ended up really enjoying the first book when I read it two years ago :) 

 
8. Mince pies: Name a book you found sweet and satisfying.

Most recently? First & Then by Emma Mills! I loved the Pride and Prejudice meets high school football aspect of it, and I found the characters to be really engaging, so I was caught up in their stories so much. 


9. Presents: What book do you wish you could give everyone to read?

Obviously my favorite series ever (besides Harry Potter) Throne of Glass! 

Merry Christmas Everyone!! 

xx
Sunny







No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!