Sunday, November 27, 2016

gilmore girls book tag


Hey everyone!! Okay, so since the Gilmore Girls reunion *just* came out on netflix (I haven't watched it yet, so NO spoilers y'all) I figured I would do a Gilmore Girls booktag to celebrate! I saw this one over at Pretty Deadly Reviews, so this text is from there, as are some of the gifs :) Hope you guys enjoy!

I JUST GOT HIT BY A DEER – character having the worst day ever

for this one, I would have to say Kady and Ezra from Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. They're just going about their lives and all of a sudden, their planet is being bombed and their lives are thrown into a complete and utter shit show. 
 
STARS HOLLOW – wildly eccentric cast

I'm going to point to This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills. You've got a social media star, a party connoisseur, a dad who writes romance novels, a 22 year old stepmom, and a friend group that would kill and be killed for each other. I loved the quirky little things about all of these characters! 
 
COFFEE – a book you’re addicted to/a character w/ an addiction

I am definitely addicted to the Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat!! I am constantly thinking about how much I love that series. I am planning on rereading it as my first read of 2017! It just has everything that I love about high fantasy, but with some truly original twists that just made me love it even more. Captivating characters, good plot twists, amazing worldbuilding.
SOMEONE DEVIL EGGED BY CAR?! – great act of revenge 

The whole of Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo centers, at its core, around Kaz Brekker getting revenge on the man who ruined his life. I absolutely loved that plotline! I don't feel like I read a lot about revenge, but that was a really great one. 
MR. MEDINA – an illicit affair

I just went through so many books, and I could not think of an illicit affair that I really liked except Frankie and Marco from The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia, which I liked, but was not my absolute favorite. 
KIM’S ANTIQUES – a world you’d be afraid to enter

I feel that this is kind of a cop-out, because it is so very obvious, but I have serious fear of it, so The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am terrified of that world! 
HARVARD VS. YALE – character who needs to make a life-changing decision

Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh! Will she kill the man who is responsible for the death of her best friend? Will she follow where her heart is leading? Either way, her life is forever changed. 
LUKE’S DINER – a comfort read

The Goose Girl or Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Both of these books have super strong connections with my childhood, because I think they are the books that truly got me into reading by myself, when I was around nine or ten. Before that, I would read for school and with my parents, but they really turned me into a voracious reader. 

AM I CRYING OR LAUGHING? – a book that messed with your emotions

KINGS RISING BY C.S. PACAT! OKAY??? SO MANY EMOTIONS SO LITTLE TIME. 
EMILY – the HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge)

Obviously Aelin Ashryver Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. She is the character that I aspire to be. I aspire to possess her sense of style, her flair for the dramatic, her toughness, and her fight. 
 
LORELAI AND RORY – favorite family dynamic

 The Edwards family from Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, aka the best and most beautifully heartbreaking family you will ever read! 

I PUSHED HIM IN THE LAKE! – a book you’d throw in a lake

probably Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck... I just cannot take the cringey-ness in it. I honestly think the premise is super interesting, but the execution is definitely not my favorite. 

1000 YELLOW DAISIES – favorite romance

Where to even begin?? Damen and Laurent from Captive Prince, Jamie and Wes from Him, Aelin and Rowan from the Throne of Glass series, Jesper and Wylan from Six of Crows, Will and Tessa from Clockwork Princess, Max and Paige from The Start of Me and You, Andie and Clark from The Unexpected Everything 
 
JESS – an unpopular opinion

I don't know how unpopular this one is, but I actually enjoyed The Heir and The Crown more than the original three Selection novels! 
FIRST SNOW – snowy or holiday read

I am partial to Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn myself! I first read it probably more than five years ago, and it is just one of my favorite books to get me in the mood for Christmas and everything that comes with it. 
HEP ALIEN – book centered around music

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord focuses on a Taylor Swift-esque country star who goes on tour with her best friend for the summer! One of my absolute favorite contemporary reads from one of my absolute favorite authors.

HE’D BETTER HAVE A MOTORCYCLE! – your book crush

I have a great many book crushes, but my number one right now would have to be Daniel from The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon. 
IT’S REPETITIVE AND REDUNDANT – a book that could have been shorter

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I felt like she could've gotten the point across in WAY less pages! 
KIRK – the weirdest book you’ve ever read

Devil and the Bluebird by Jennifer Mason Black! I definitely didn't think that this book was bad in any way, it was just a lot weirder than I was expecting going into it! 
IT’S A LIFESTYLE. IT’S A RELIGION – that one book that means more to you than any other 
         
Oh god... the ultimate question! It probably comes down to a few. All of Emery Lord's books, the Throne of Glass series, the Six of Crows duology, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and Harry Potter.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!