Friday, January 23, 2015

judging books by their covers

Admit it. It's something we all do. As much as we want to claim that we are fair and objective when it comes to books, everyone forms opinions about books based on how they look. That's why we cringe so much when bad covers happen to good books, and when covers change to something that we don't think represents the story. It's also why we happy-tears cry over covers that are just so gorgeous they HURT.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. There are so many amazing YA books out there today, there is no way you can walk into your local bookstore and spend hours combing through the section, reading every single synopsis and ignoring the covers. I think covers are our first filter for the books we think we might like. I know I am definitely drawn to certain books over others because they have a pretty or interesting cover. And most of the time, my cover senses end up being pretty dead on in picking good books. So, maybe not such a bad thing, as long as we don't completely rule out books that don't have those amazing covers.
I thought I would share a few of my most favorite covers!

Best





1. These Broken Stars and This Shattered World – Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner











2. Throne of Glass Series – Sarah J Maas












3. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – Benjamin Alire Sáenz










4. I'll Give You The Sun – Jandy Nelson


















5. The Chaos of Stars – Kiersten White 














6. The Grisha Trilogy – Leigh Bardugo












7. Starry Night – Isabel Gillies


















8. Unspoken – Sarah Rees Brennan (a cover change I will NEVER FORGIVE)


















9. The Fault In Our Stars – John Green















10. A Thousand Pieces of You – Claudia Gray











Those are just a few of my personal favorites. Let me know some of yours!

xx
Sunny

2 comments:

80% Read the Printed Word!