Wednesday, March 4, 2015

waiting on wednesday: the orphan queen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine, and each week we feature a highly anticipated new release.

This week's pick: The Orphan Queen – Jodi Meadows
find it on goodreads
release date: March 10

synopsis: Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.
She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom’s capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.
She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie’s behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can’t trust anyone.
She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina’s magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil’s magic, she will vanish like all the others
Jodi Meadows introduces a vivid new fantasy full of intrigue, romance, dangerous magic, and one girl’s battle to reclaim her place in the world.


I absolutely love the premise for this story.  It makes me think of like superheroes crossed with assassins crossed with royalty. Forbidden magic and a badass heroine who can stand up for herself: does this sounds like any other series that we all know and love? (cough cough throne of glass) I am very excited to pick this up. :) 

xx
Sunny

8 comments:

  1. Yes! The premise of the story immediately drew me in when I read the the blurb! I can't wait to pick this one up when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! good thing we don't have to wait too much longer :) thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I loved Incarnate by this author so I can't wait for this one to come out so I can read more! :D I'm a new follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I loved incarnate as well, so I'm excited for this! Thanks for following!! I'll be sure to check your blog out as well :)

      Delete
  3. The Orphan Queen sounds like such an epic book with so many mysteries hiding in it. And that cover is also epic, which is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i love the cover so much, which is part of the reason why i want to read this so bad! I am looking forward to seeing all the plot twists that i'm sure will be coming in this story :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this sounds really exciting! I'll be keeping an eye out for your review once you get ahold of it. By the way, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award here. No pressure if you don't want to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god thank you so much!! I'll be sure to do it!

      Delete

80% Read the Printed Word!