Sunday, September 20, 2015

Cinderella book tag

It has been a while since I've done a tag on here, and since I am bored and without much homework on this lovely Sunday, I figured I would tag myself in one! In honor of the new Cinderella movie coming out on DVD this past week (which I adore), I thought I would do the Cinderella book tag, which I saw from Mel over at The Daily Prophecy! It was created by Tiffany at About to Read.

I love this tag, I think it is so adorable, so if you see this and you want to complete it, consider yourself tagged as well!

~~~~

1. Evil Stepsisters A Book with Characters You Just Hate: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I found everyone in this book so boring and lifeless. I didn't hate them because of their actions, I just really did not connect with them, and I could not find anything attractive or fun to read about any of them.


2. Prince Charming– A Book with a Gentleman: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. Khalid is a boy king, under an unbelievable amount of pressure, and it would've been very easy for him to be a total jerk. Instead, he is strong and unwavering with everyone else, but he is a total softie when it comes to Shazi. He believes in her, he supports her, he loves her with everything he has. I love it.


3. Cinderella – A Character that is Graceful, Kind and Defiant: Lara Jean Song Covey from the To All the Boys I've Loved Before Duology by Jenny Han! I think she is the kindest character I've read in a long time, but that by no means is indicative of weakness. She learns how to stand up for herself over the course of these books, to go after what she wants, and to love herself above all. There is something very Cinderella-esque about Lara Jean.

 
4. Fairy Godmother – A Character that Always Has Someone Looking Out for Them: Marguerite Caine from A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. Though she is hopping through dimensions and trying to solve a murder and a mystery, she always has someone looking out for her, whether it be Theo or Paul or her Mom or Dad or Sister, there is always someone there to help her.


5. Helpful Creatures – Something that Makes You Happy When You're Sad: I don't know if this means like in the bookish sense or just in general, but something that does genuinely make me really happy is being in bookstores. I just love the feeling of being surrounded by millions of words and thousands of stories. I love sitting there, preferably in a comfy chair, and just getting lost in a book. 


6. Ashes – A Book You Didn't Care For: Most recently, it was Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa. I was really looking forward to this novel, but it ended up being something that I wasn't expecting at all, and I didn't like the direction it went in at all. You might like it more than me, it just was not my speed at all!


7. Pumpkin – A Character With a Transformation: Who else can I choose but Celaena Sardothien? Over the course of five novellas and four huge novels, she has gone through the most amazing transformation that I have ever seen. I absolutely love the way that she comes into herself more and more throughout the series, and I can't wait to see what the last two books bring.


8. Impossible – A Book With an Ending You Didn't See Coming: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I thought I knew what was going to happen in the end of this book, but it ended up catching me completely by surprise! I loved it, I thought the surprise ending made it a better book altogether, but I definitely was not expecting it to take the turn that it did.



9. Happily Ever After –  A Book With A Perfect Ending: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. I cried actual happy tears when I finished this book, because I thought the ending was the most perfectly amazing thing that I had ever experienced. If you haven't read this book yet, please do, because it is honestly so perfect.          

I hope you all have fairy tale dreams! 

xx
Sunny  

No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!