Wednesday, October 28, 2015

autumn book tags



Welcome to my very Autumnal-themed post!! Where I live, in the southern US, it has really only started feeling like fall over the last couple of weeks, so I feel totally justified in posting this now instead of when fall actually started. Also, especially with Halloween being this Saturday, I am more in the spirit of fall than ever! I love the end of fall into the beginning of winter, I just feel like it is the most magical time of year, and so here are some booktags that I have found to reflect my excitement and wonder!


The first tag is called just "The Autumn Book Tag" which I got from The Bookie Monsters. The original creator was a booktuber that I don't think is on youtube anymore. The second tag is called "The Fall Time Cosy Tag," which I got from Novels and Nonsense! I love both of these tags a lot, and I hope that they do whatever they need to to get you in the spirit of fall, crunching through leaves and sipping PSLs and whatnot!



                    The Autumn Book Tag

1. What is your favourite thing about Autumn? I hate being hot, so one of the best things about autumn is the fact that the weather starts cooling off. I also am *that girl* who gets OBSESSED with the leaves. I live right near the mountains too, and they are pretty spectacular.

2. What book reminds you of your school days? Hmm. I'm going to say elementary school because that's the type of nostalgia that I think this question is aiming for. I'd say A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, because I have vivid memories of sitting outside on my porch in the fall and reading those books.
 
3. What book cover reminds you of Autumn?  I'm going for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The color palette and the feeling it gives me is distinctly autumnal. 

4. What is your favorite Halloween or Horror Story? I'm not a huge fan of horror stories, but I do quite like The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe, which is plenty creepy by my standards! If you have any suggestions of short stories that are creepy but not too creepy, let me know, I'd be willing to try them out! 

5. What is your favorite Halloween of Horror Film? Like I said, horror is not my thing. I've only ever really seen a couple of horror movies, and they're mostly classics, but I have to say I did like the Shining. I was completely creeped out by it, but like in a good way.

6. What Fall book release are you most looking forward to? What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't talk about the Lunar Chronicles in this autumn tag? This is one of my favorite series ever, and with this last book being pushed from earlier this year to November, we have been waiting so long for it to come out, it almost feels like it isn't real that it is finally almost here! I can't wait to get my hands on this one! 

7. What Fall movie release are you most looking forward to? I love love love going to the movies. One of my favorite things to do ever. I am really looking forward to The Good Dinosaur, which is a new Disney movie that I believe is being released at Thanksgiving! It looks so cute :) 

8. What three books do you plan to read this autumn? I plan to read a lot more than three haha but three books that are on my immediate TBR are (besides Winter) Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray First and Then by Emma Mills and Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown!

                          The Fall Time Cosy Tag

1. Crunching Leaves: The world is full of colour. Choose a book that has reds, oranges and yellows on the cover.
I chose Vicious by V.E. Schwab because not only does it have a very autumnal color palette about it, it is also one of my most favorite reads ever! I love everything having to do with superheroes, and Vicious kind of takes the idea of a superhero and turns it on its head, giving something scarier but also more interesting! I have a full review of it here if you are interested in hearing more about this one. I highly recommend it for this time of year, cozy up with a this and cup of something hot!
2. Cosy Sweater: It’s finally cold enough to don warm cosy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzies?

 For this one, my pick is The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. I love both of her novels, but I chose this one for two reasons. One, it has a more fall vibe to me, because it is about starting a new school year with a plan to have things be different. The second reason is because the romance in this one is just about the sweetest thing that you will ever come across. I love the characters in this one so much, and the romance that blossoms between the main character and this guy is something that I would love to happen to me (HINT HINT UNIVERSE) another part of this that gives me the warm fuzzies is its portrayal of powerful and strong girl friendships, which I think is so important! I have a full review here if you want to read more! I also did a spotlight post about why I love Emery Lord, which is here.

3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling and the rain is pounding. Choose your favourite book OR genre that you like to read on a stormy day.

When its storming outside, sometimes the only thing you want is something that will give you comfort and make you feel like you're in a safe place. For me, the book equivalent of a safe place is anything by Rick Riordan, however, The Heroes of Olympus Series will forever have a special place in my heart. Percy Jackson and the Olympians is the series that got me through middle school, but Heroes of Olympus just made me fall in love with the world over and over again. If you haven't read anything by Rick Riordan, I ask you: do you hate fun? These books are brilliantly genius, hilarious and heart-wrenching, all at the same time. Definitely would be my pick to hole up with while the world outside is consumed in a storm.

4. Cool Crisp Air: What’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?

Does a post on my blog even exist if I don't talk about how much I love Celaena Sardothien aka (spoiler) Aelin Ashryver Galthynius aka the badass to end all badasses aka savior of Erilea aka will kill you and not even blink?? If you've read the series, then you know that her life hasn't been the easiest or the most fun, and she's come through an incredible amount of pain, which would suck, but honestly, how can you read the Throne of Glass series and NOT want to be her? She is strong and capable and cool under pressure, a queen among women. Girls everywhere should look to her and be inspired by her complete inability to give up, even when the odds are stacked hella against her. THIS GIRL IS MY HERO.

5. Hot Apple Cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?

I saw this book around Twitter and the blogging sphere a couple of times around the time of its release, but not nearly enough for my taste. I think it is so important that books like Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond exist. It is the backstory of a Lois Lane, before she becomes the writer for the Daily Planet, before she meets Clark Kent, before he is Superman. Lois is just a normal girl with a military father, trying to fit in, all the while having a burning desire for finding out the truth and an incapability to be afraid or stand down to anyone. I love the idea of a Lois Lane prequel, and this book definitely didn't disappoint me. It is a series, and I would love to see more people talking about this one! 
6. Coat, Scarves and Mittens: The weather has turned cold and it’s time to cover up. What’s the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?

I don't really read romance novels, so I don't have any truly embarrassing covers that I wouldn't want anyone to see, but the closest thing that I can get to that is the Vampire Academy covers by Richelle Mead. They're just SOOO cheesy, especially this one pictured, which is the fifth and penultimate book in the series. I love Vampire Academy as books, I think they're amazing and a lot better than most of the vampire genre that I've read, but honestly, I think the covers really hurt them. I know a ton of people have a sort of affectionate hate for these, and I definitely consider myself one in those ranks. Even the redesigned covers aren't any better than these, so I ask of the designers: please do better by this series! 

7. Pumpkin Spice: What’s your favourite fall time comfort food/foods? my favorite fall comfort food is always made on Halloween night in my house. It is my mother's pumpkin soup and it automatically makes me relax and feel at home. 

I hope y'all have enjoyed these tags! they were so fun to do! if you want to do one of these, consider yourselves tagged, and if you end up doing them, please leave me a comment to let me know, I'd love to see what y'all have to say about these!! 



HAPPY FALL!
xx
Sunny





No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!