Wednesday, March 23, 2016

waiting on wednesday: the glittering court

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine.

this week's pick: The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
release date: April 5

synopsis: For a select group of girls, the Glittering Court offers a shot at a life they’ve only ever dreamed of, one of luxury, glamour, and leisure. To high-born Adelaide, whose wealthy family is forcing her into a loveless marriage, the Glittering Court represents something else: the chance to chart her own destiny, and adventure in an unspoiled, prosperous new land across the sea.

After a chance meeting with the dazzling Cedric Thorn, Adelaide poses as a servant to join the crop of impoverished girls he promises to transform into proper ladies. But her familiarity with upper class life comes with a price: she must hide her identity from her new friends, mysterious refugee Mira and fiery former laundress Tamsin, and most importantly, from Cedric himself—even though she’s falling in love with him.

Everything begins to crumble when Cedric discovers Adelaide’s ruse, and she catches the eye of a powerful young governor, who wants her for a wife. She didn’t leave the gilded cage of her old life behind just to become someone else's property. But nothing is as daunting—or as wonderful—as the potent, forbidden attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. One that, if acted on, would make them both outcasts in a wild, dangerous, uncharted world, and possibly lead them to their deaths.


~~~
I love Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series *a lot,* and I think that this blurb sounds incredible! I know that there have been some mixed reviews for this one, but I personally can't wait to try it out! 

what are you waiting on this week?

xx
Caroline 

19 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed this one. If you're expecting heavy fantasy with lots of magic... It's not that. It's a more historical fiction/western type that technically falls under the fantasy category. I think that's why reviews are so mixed. Hope you enjoy it!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's really good to know actually, thanks Christina! I don't know quite what I was expecting from this, but I'm glad that I'll know going in what its about! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for this one too!! I haven't read anything else by the author, but this just sounds really good!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! &heart; Richelle and hope this one live up to its hype!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Richelle too! I hope this one is awesome :)

      Delete
  4. i'm so so so excited for The Glittering Court, it looks AMAZING!!
    Maha @ Younicorn Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this on a few WoW posts already today. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike today!! SQUEE!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by Mead yet but I have heard a lot of great things about her! not only is the cover for this one gorgeous but it sounds great too! It kind of reminds me of the selection series by Kiera Cass. have you read those ones?
    I hope when you do get to read this you enjoy it!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. TBH, I haven't read any Mead books. Should I go and fix it soon?

    Thanks for dropping by!

    Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this one either!! Only a few weeks left. Hope you enjoy it :)

    Joana @ The Boundless Booklist

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of Richelle Mead as well...can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how you feel! I was lucky enough to get an ARC and I really enjoyed this one for sure but I want my physical copy ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for this book! It sounds so so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not *hides behind the bed* read any Richelle Mead books, even though I've been DYING TO! Where do I start, though? There are so many, and I have no idea!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!