Wednesday, November 11, 2015

waiting on wednesday: not if i see you first

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick: Not if I See You First – Eric Lindstrom

release date: December 1

goodreads

synopsis: The Rules:

Don't deceive me. Ever. Especially using my blindness. Especially in public.

Don't help me unless I ask. Otherwise you're just getting in my way or bothering me.

Don't be weird. Seriously, other than having my eyes closed all the time, I'm just like you only smarter.

Parker Grant doesn't need 20/20 vision to see right through you. That's why she created the Rules: Don't treat her any differently just because she's blind, and never take advantage. There will be no second chances. Just ask Scott Kilpatrick, the boy who broke her heart.

When Scott suddenly reappears in her life after being gone for years, Parker knows there's only one way to react-shun him so hard it hurts. She has enough on her mind already, like trying out for the track team (that's right, her eyes don't work but her legs still do), doling out tough-love advice to her painfully naive classmates, and giving herself gold stars for every day she hasn't cried since her dad's death three months ago. But avoiding her past quickly proves impossible, and the more Parker learns about what really happened--both with Scott, and her dad--the more she starts to question if things are always as they seem. Maybe, just maybe, some Rules are meant to be broken.

~~~

I think this looks like a super interesting book... think about how much of a story is told through the eyes of a protagonist based on what they can see. Now take all of that away, and make them reliant on their other senses. This will definitely be something different, I hope its as good as it seems! 

what are your picks this week? 
xx
Sunny




7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this sounds really good. Definitely adding it to my TBR pile! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds very interesting! I'm not a huuuge fan of the cover - I'm probably being REALLY weird now (sorry) but it always reminds me of .... cheese - but the synopsis really inrtigued me! Hope you'll like it!

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAH i just laughed out loud... I can totally see where you're coming from though, and now I won't be able to unsee the cheese aspect... lol thanks Yvonne. haha I hope it ends up being good :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this one and I'm not sure it's my kind of read, but I really hope you love it!! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cover -- this is on my kindle, waiting for me! Great pick!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve read the first few chapters and it’s great! I hope you enjoy it when it’s published!! ^-^
    Caroline @ Just another bookish blog

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!