Tuesday, August 18, 2015

top ten tuesday: auto buy authors

top ten tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at the Broke and the Bookish, where each week we have a different bookish theme! This week's theme is: "August 18: Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors (no matter the genre or what it's about...you'll buy it from these authors!)."

 1. Rainbow Rowell – As one of my top five favorite authors ever, I think it is safe to say I would read anything this woman ever decides to publish. I've followed her from YA to Adult and back, from throwback contemporary to magical realism to (soon) pure fantasy, and I haven't been disappointed yet. Frankly, I think Rainbow is one of the most talented writers around today, and I will fully support her, whatever she decides to write.

2. Sarah J Maas – I only just started reading Sarah J Maas' Throne of Glass series at the end of 2014, but over the course of the last eight months, she has definitely become an auto-buy author for me. Throne of Glass is definitely one of my favorite series to EVER exist, and with the release of A Court of Thorns and Roses, which I loved almost just as much as the other series, Maas proved that she writes things that I like. I absolutely cannot wait to see what else she comes up with, because I will be there for it. 


3. Rick Riordan  – I began reading Riordan's books when I was in middle school, when only the first couple Percy Jackson books were out. Since then, I have bought and subsequently read every single one of his releases up until now. Rick Riordan has inspired my love of mythology, and I love the things that he does with the timeless stories, but certainly if Uncle Rick wanted to write about literally anything else, I would be first in line to buy that sucker. 


4. Stephanie Perkins – Some of my absolute favorite contemporaries are written by this woman. I have read Anna and the French Kiss over 10 times! I know these types of books are not for everyone, but I absolutely adore this woman and all of her novels, including her anthology of Christmas stories, which are the cutest. I believe her next release is going to be very different, a horror novel, and you better believe I'm going to read this one too, because I believe that Perkins has the midas touch– and anything she writes will be gold in my book. 


5. Morgan Matson – Like an idiot, I owned every single Morgan Matson book, but never read one until Since You've Been Gone had been released for about two months. Well. After that, which I ended up loving, it took me no time at all to fly through her other two novels, which I loved just as much and more than SYBG. Matson does touching, moving contemporary very very well, and I can't wait until her fourth novel. These are all personal favorites, so Matson's consistency has made me trust her.


6. Shannon Hale – Shannon Hale is another author that I have been reading since I was young, probably reading my first novel by her at 9 or 10 years old. The ones that I read when I was small are still some of my favorite books (The Goose Girl and Princess Academy) and I have since accumulated many of her other novels, from her ya sci/fi book to her adult contemporary to her middle grade fairy tale fantasies, I love Shannon Hale's writing, and I will continue to buy her novels.


7.  John Green – Many people have strong opinions about John Green and his novels, and I understand that he is not for everyone, but you'll forgive me if I love his novels and him as a person. I have been reading his books since 2009, and though some are better than others, I have never not enjoyed myself while reading a John Green book. They are short and fun and they have moments that I just stop and close the book and think about how John Green thinks of the things he does. IF HE EVER releases another book, it will be the best day ever.


8. Marissa Meyer – Though the conclusion isn't out yet, it is safe to say that the Lunar Chronicles have been a huge part of the last few years of my life, and will remain one of my favorite series, no matter what happens in Winter. I can't wait to see what Meyer does after she finishes this series, because I have no doubt in my mind that it will be amazing. The way she takes fairytales and makes them completely her own is something to behold, and I can't help but think she would be just as good at writing whatever else she chooses.



9. V.E. Schwab – pictured here are just a few of the books that V.E. (or Victoria) Schwab has written, and all of them are absolutely brilliant. From adult fantasy to adult super/anti heroes to all over the ya spectrum, Schwab has never failed to impress me. I absolutely love how original all of her ideas are, and from following her on twitter, I am unbelievably excited for whatever it is she comes up with next.


10. Jandy Nelson – Safe to say that I'll Give You The Sun is one of my favorite novels ever, and The Sky is Everywhere is no slouch either. These are both heartwrenching stories of love and loss, and it is truly like Nelson finds the bullet holes in your heart and aims the words right for them. I literally cried my eyes out while reading both of these books, more than once. Her next release isn't slated for release until 2017, but I would wait TWICE that to read a sentence that this woman writes.

What are your picks for this week?

xx
Sunny


15 comments:

  1. I didn't think about Marissa Meyer! I agree about John Green. I know some people don't like him, but I love his books. They have that way of making me laugh and cry each time. Great list!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I'm glad you understand me about John Green :) Thank you for stopping by, Christina!

      Delete
  2. Rowell and Perkins are on my list too. I adore Green and I really need to pick up Maas soon. So many gret authors on your list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Chrystal!!! You definitely should give Sarah J Maas a try, she is so amazing!!

      Delete
  3. We have a couple in common this week! I LOVE your Rick Riordan collection! His books are so gorgeous! A lot of these are on my TBR list too. Great list :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much!! I absolutely love him, and you're right, his books are really pretty :) I'll be sure to check out your top ten!

      Delete
  4. I really didn't want to narrow my list down, but I managed. We have some overlap but I could've added a few more from your list to my TTT too and been quite happy with the selection.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there were quite a few authors that I was loathe to leave off here, but I ended up doing it for the greater good! :)

      Delete
  5. A bunch of these authors made my list, too. I love Rainbow Rowell, John Green, and Victoria Schwab.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of my absolute favorite people in the world :) I'm glad we can share the love!

      Delete
  6. I love Rick Riordan and Shannon Hale! They're not quite auto-buys for me, but I still get REALLY excited when they have new books coming out (especially Shannon Hale). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jaina!! Shannon Hale has been such a huge part of my life for so long :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful list! I love Shannon Hale's books and am definitely going to check out Marissa Meyer's books.

    Renee' My TTT

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!