Wednesday, May 11, 2016

waiting on wednesday: the queen of blood

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick:

release date: September 20th by Harper Voyager 

synopsis:  

An idealistic young student and a banished warrior become allies in a battle to save their realm in this first book of a mesmerizing epic fantasy series, filled with political intrigue, violent magic, malevolent spirits, and thrilling adventure

Everything has a spirit: the willow tree with leaves that kiss the pond, the stream that feeds the river, the wind that exhales fresh snow . . .

But the spirits that reside within this land want to rid it of all humans. One woman stands between these malevolent spirits and the end of humankind: the queen. She alone has the magical power to prevent the spirits from destroying every man, woman, and child. But queens are still just human, and no matter how strong or good, the threat of danger always looms.

With the position so precarious, young women are chosen to train as heirs. Daleina, a seemingly quiet academy student, is under no illusions as to her claim to the throne, but simply wants to right the wrongs that have befallen the land. Ven, a disgraced champion, has spent his exile secretly fighting against the growing number of spirit attacks. Joining forces, these daring partners embark on a treacherous quest to find the source of the spirits’ restlessness—a journey that will test their courage and trust, and force them to stand against both enemies and friends to save their land . . . before it’s bathed in blood.

~~~

Okay, I don't know about you guys, but that blurb just really grabbed me. I am so looking forward to this series, I am always looking for more YA high fantasy that I can love, though I am sort of picky, so we shall see about this one! I also really love this cover, so that's something :) 

What are y'all waiting on this week? 
xx
Caroline

15 comments:

  1. Just saw this one on another WoW. I'm adding it to my list. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you end up liking it :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great book to read! I'm definitely going to look into putting it on my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm glad to have given the suggestion :)

      Delete
  3. A new series I am adding to my TBR because it sounds amazing. Love some good fantasy with many elements to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, and this sounds like an amazing choice! :)

      Delete
  4. I love fantasy and this one looks like it will be such a good read! Already on my TBR :) Great Pick!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even need to read the entire synopsis. You had me at epic fantasy lol. Haven't heard of this one before, but I'm adding it to my TBR right now. Great pick!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way Christina!! I think this sounds marvelous :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds so good and it's totally new to me! Great pick

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds quite interesting! Thanks for sharing about it!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10736”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before! Thanks for sharing!! :D I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, YES!! This was a recent pick of mine, too! :D I can't wait for this---I've never been disappointed by a book from Sarah Beth Durst!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore epic fantasy! I have never heard of this one before and it sounds like something that I would really enjoy! I will definitely have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!