Wednesday, June 8, 2016

waiting on wednesday: a season for fireflies

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick: A Season For Fireflies 
by Rebecca Maizel 

release date: June 28 by HarperTeen

synopsis: A captivating contemporary novel about first love, second chances, and the power of memory, by the author of Between Us and the Moon, perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Katie Cotugno.

One year ago, Penny Berne was the star of her high school’s theater department, surrounded by a group of misfits and falling in love with her best friend, Wes.

Now her old friends won’t talk to her, her first love, Wes, ignores her, and her best friend is the most popular girl in school. Penny is revered—and hated.

But when a near-fatal lightning strike leaves Penny with no memory of the past year, or how she went from drama nerd to queen bee, Penny realizes she may have the second chance she never expected.… 


~~~
This was a random pick that I saw on goodreads while perusing, and I am definitely intrigued. Especially by the idea of a girl losing her memory from lightning? I think that this will probably be a quick read that will be perfect for summer, so I can't wait to try it out! 

what are you waiting for this week?
x
Caroline

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is the first I've seen this but it sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this book the other day and it was so cute! I hope you adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I haven't heard of this one. But it sounds amazing! Great pick!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is new to me and does it look good! Thanks for sharing!
    (New Bloglovin Follower!)

    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10812”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good! I'm a new Bloglovin' follower! My Waiting On Wednesday is here, if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I am in love with everything about this book so far! I can't believe this is the first time that I have heard of it. Definitely one for the TBR!

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!