Tuesday, February 10, 2015

the taylor swift book tag

It's that time again! And by that I mean "Caroline is bored and doesn't want to do homework so she's doing another book tag!" I've been really obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album, 1989, recently, so when I was searching for a tag to do, this one jumped out at me immediately. 

I first saw this tag on Christine's channel (link to that video here), and the original video is here

Let's get this party started! 
The idea of this tag is to answer questions that are inspired by Taylor Swift songs, which is pretty simple but a whole hell of a lot of fun.

1. We Are Never Getting Back Together – a series you were sure you were in love with, but ended up breaking up with: pretty much hands down Divergent by Veronica Roth. I loved the first book, I've read it four times. Then, in my opinion, it all went downhill from there. And, obviously, the end of Allegiant just made me so angry, I had to break up with the series.

2. Red – a book with a red cover: a book with a red cover that I do own is Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman

3. The Best Day– a book that makes you nostalgic: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I remember coming home from elementary school, getting a snack from my mom, then taking these books outside and reading for hours, until the sun went down. They make me happy.

4. Love Story – pick a book with forbidden love: The Covenant Series (specifically Half-Blood, book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This whole series deals with some pretty volatile relationships, but especially in the first book, the main character is struggling with some forbidden feelings.

5. I Knew You Were Trouble – a book with a bad boy you can't help but love: I'm going to go with Finnick Odair from Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Maybe this is cheating because Finnick doesn't stay the "bad boy" for very long, but by reputation he is and I adore him so it counts.

6. Innocent – a book that someone ruined the ending for me: I've never had an ending completely spoiled, but I did have a few massive things spoiled for me from The House of Hades by Rick Riordan, specifically regarding Nico DiAngelo and a certain friendly titan.

7. Everything Has Changed – find a character that has been through massive character development: Definitely Celaena Sardothien from The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, all I'll say about that is that she found new things inside herself and gained so much bravery, it's unbelievable.

8. You Belong With Me – my most anticipated release right now: I have so many highly highly anticipated released of the year (I'll refer you to this post) so I'll just pick one that is coming out within the next couple weeks! And that pick would definitely be A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this book on February 24!

9. Forever and Always – favorite book couple ever: I couldn't pick one!! So I picked a contemporary couple and a fantasy/paranormal couple. My contemporary favorite couple is Anna and Étienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, whom I will love forever and ever and squeal every time I think of them. My favorite fantasy/paranormal couple is Tessa Gray and Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare. They are ultimate power couple OTP.

10. Come Back, Be Here – divulge which book you would never lend out: probably my personalised/signed edition of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. My cousin got it for me when she went to one of his signings, so obviously I'm not going to part with that like EVER.

11. Teardrops on my Guitar – find a book that made you cry: there are so many to choose from I'm a huge book crier. (obviously the fault in our stars is a huge one but I just said that so...) I'm going to go with The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I've read it three times, and all three times, the ending never failed to make me sob uncontrollably.

12. Shake It Off – a book you love so much, but you have to shake off the haters that don't like it: I'll have to go with The Host by Stephenie Meyer . So many people that I recommended this book to didn't even give it a chance just because they associate it with Twilight, and that made me so mad because they're two different series about very different things, and I loved The Host so much.

13. Stay Stay Stay – a book that you wanted to go on forever: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I would be content to just read volumes and volumes about Levi and Cath. I never think contemporaries are quite long enough, but this is definitely one that I wish would go on and on.


14. All Too Well – find a series that you wish was longer: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Obviously, this is probably a lot of peoples' choice. And it's not even necessarily that I want there to be more books about Harry Potter specifically, just more books about Hogwarts. About Harry's parents' time there, about his kids, about their kids… Just more Hogwarts!

This tag was so fun!! Let me know some of your answers!
xx
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!