Wednesday, February 25, 2015

waiting on wednesday: mosquitoland

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine, which puts the spotlight on new releases that make us *grabby hands* and *squeals with anticipation.*

This week's pick: Mosquitoland by David Arnold.
find it on goodreads
Release date: March 3rd

synopsis: "I am a collection of oddities, a circus of neurons and electrons: my heart is the ringmaster, my soul is the trapeze artist, and the world is my audience. It sounds strange because it is, and it is, because I am strange."
After the sudden collapse of her family, Mim Malone is dragged from her home in northern Ohio to the "wastelands" of Mississippi, where she lives in a medicated milieu with her dad and new stepmom. Before the dust has a chance to settle, she learns her mother is sick back in Cleveland.
So she ditches her new life and hops aboard a northbound Greyhound bus to her real home and her real mother, meeting a quirky cast of fellow travelers along the way. But when her thousand-mile journey takes a few turns she could never see coming, Mim must confront her own demons, redefining her notions of love, loyalty, and what it means to be sane.
Told in an unforgettable, kaleidoscopic voice, "Mosquitoland" is a modern American odyssey, as hilarious as it is heartbreaking.


I love road trip stories, I love coming of age stories, and I love lyrical writing. This book promises to give me all three, and I truly cannot wait to get my hands on this. 

10 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around a lot. Can't decide if I want to read it or not though.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not one of the "highly anticipated" reads I've seen for this year, but I am interesting in seeing if it will be worth reading! I'll definitely check your post out :)

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I have seen this one. I agree the road trip aspect sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love a good road trip story, I hope this one lives up to my expectations!

      Delete
  3. I hope you like it!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-3-manwhore.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I can't wait for Mosquitoland. It sounds like such an awesome book! I love road trips.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Let's hope it lives up to the hype! Love your post as well :)

      Delete
  5. Never heard of this but this sounds interesting. Good choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! i definitely think it is worth checking out!

      Delete

80% Read the Printed Word!