Tuesday, February 3, 2015

top ten hyped books I haven't read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, where each week there is a themed list, and you must come up with ten books to put on that themed list.

This week, the theme is "February 3: Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't/Want To Read From X Genre (for example I feel like I'm pretty well read in contemporary YA but there are some STAPLES I can't believe I haven't read. Or if you just want to books you WANT to read in a particular genre..not necessarily long overdue." This is hard for me because, unless I really just don't read a particular genre, I usually try to get to at least ten or so books a year in a certain one. So I don't know if there are 10 YA fantasy books that I've been dying to read etc etc... however. I do know there are quite a few books that have gotten lots of hype, whether it be from goodreads, booktube, blogs, friends or cashiers at Barnes and Noble, that I have not yet gotten to. So here they are.

Caroline's Top Ten Very Hyped Books That She Hasn't Read And Is Ashamed

1. A Song Of Ice And Fire Series – George R.R. Martin (2-5, I barely made it through the first one) 

2. The Study Series – Maria V Snyder 

3. Landline – Rainbow Rowell

4. Outlander – Diana Gabaldon (as well as the rest of the series, I just hear more about book 1)

5. The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman 

6. The Opposite of Loneliness – Marina Keegan

7. The Kingkiller Chronicles – Patrick Rothfuss 

8. Unravel Me & Ignite Me – Tahereh Malfi (I read Shatter Me, years ago now though)

9. All Souls Trilogy – Deborah Harkness 

10. Red Rising Trilogy (Books 1 & 2 out now) – Pierce Brown

so there you have it! Ten books (and series) that I have heard endless good things about, but for some reason or another, just haven't picked up yet! let me know if you've read any of these!

xx
Sunny

3 comments:

  1. The Study series is amazing! And I think Shadow Study is coming out this month! I'm currently reading Outlander along with several other books.The Name of the Wind I have, and I've heard amazing things about it. Shatter Me series!! Yes, please read this so we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read the Red Rising trilogy!! *-*
    Shatter me is incredible, Tahereh Mafi's writing style is the best ever!!

    My TTT: http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved Shatter Me, and I really want to continue the rest of the series soon!! :))

      Delete

80% Read the Printed Word!